Oatmeal Banana Pancake
- Preparation Time 10 min.
- Cook Time 5 min.
- Total Time 15 min.
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup large coconut flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine the oatmeal flour, almond milk, banana, baking powder and cinnamon in a food processor until forming a smooth mixture. If the mixture is too thick add a little more almond milk.
2. Allow the batter to sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
3. While the batter is sitting place a pan over medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
4. Once the batter is ready; cook three mini pancakes at a time. Cook for about 2- 3 minutes per side. Repeat until the batter is done.
5. Next, add your favorite pancake toppings! These may include but are not limited to berries, almond butter or maple syrup, coconut flakes, and chopped nuts.
6. Last and most important step: Enjoy! 😊
The key ingredient in this recipe is oatmeal. The benefits of oatmeal are due to the fact that it's made from oats that are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers help with constipation and lowering LDL (low-density lipoprotein), the bad cholesterol and it makes stool heavier to speed the passage. While soluble fiber breaks the stool down as it passes. Oats are a good source of many vitamins, and minerals; especially vitamin E, iron, magnesium, and also protein.
Read how to make, click here: Homemade Coconut Milk Kefir