Coconut Milk Kefir
- Preparation Time 5 min.
- Cook Time 2 min.
- Total Time 7 min.
- Fresh coconut chunks 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Dates pitted 12 whole
- Live Kefir Grains 2 tbsp
- Almonds paste 2 tsp
- Roasted sesame 1 tsp
- Walnut kernels (crushed) 1 tsp
1. Soak the dates in filtered water until becoming soft.
2. When the dates are soft, remove the water and blend them to form a thick paste.
3. Grind the coconut in a blender by adding water to form coconut milk.
4. Now, add 1 quart of coconut milk to a glass jar and add the almonds paste, roasted sesame, crushed walnut and mix them properly.
5. Add the kefir grains and date paste into this mixture by using glass rods.
6. Place a lid on the jar and let it sit for 18 -24 hours until it becomes sour in taste.
7. Strain out the kefir grains and place the coconut milk kefir in the refrigerator for storage.
8. Most importantly enjoy! 😋
- Use the appropriate amount of date paste otherwise, it will take more time to ferment.
- Never use a metal container or metal spoon to make kefir as metal disrupts the fermentation process.
- Use appropriate temperature otherwise the kefir doesn’t thicken within 24 hours.
Health Benefits:For a person with lactose intolerance then Coconut milk kefir is a ray of hope as it is made up of dairy-free ingredients besides it is a good source of probiotic. It aids with digestion and helps to boost immunity. It contains many different bacteria that help to counteract lactose intolerance by its association with lactase; it helps to promote normal absorption of dietary fats; reduction of internal gas; suppression of harmful bacteria.
Read more about gut health here: Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome